The UK Quality Ash Association (UKQAA) is looking for a new Director to manage and promote the activities of the UK’s trade association for quality ash, one of the most important materials in the construction supply chain.
The UKQAA represents the quality ash industry, right across the supply chain, from UK producers and importers, to processors, marketers, and logistics firms – covering all member organisations that champion the sustainable supply and use of this important material.
Reporting into the Chairman of the Executive Committee, our Director will be the figurehead of the association and will represent the UKQAA membership to promote the use of quality ash in the UK. You’ll need to have a sound understanding of the technical, environmental and regulatory aspects of quality ash use, but also be able to think creatively and work with the membership to identify and develop future opportunities to make use of ash.
- Represent the UKQAA on issues of standardisation, environmental, sustainability and engage with other construction materials groups and associations, such as the MPA.
- Represent the UKQAA at events and meetings in the UK and further afield, from EcoBuild to AshTrans. You’ll also represent the UKQAA at relevant research committees and groups.
- Engage with the Government and policy makers on issues of quality, regulation and the environment to ensure quality ash is well represented by decision makers.
- Oversee marketing and PR activity, including engaging with the media, speaking at events and developing conference papers and presentations.
- Manage the association’s budgets, business strategy and business plan to support the UKQAA’s overarching objectives.
For a full time role the salary range for this position is £40,000 – £50,000 per annum dependent on the candidate’s relevant skills, qualifications and experience. A company car will also be provided. For the right candidate we are prepared to consider applicants who would prefer to work on a part time basis with an adjusted salary.
Please apply in writing with a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: UK Quality Ash Association, Willow House, Kingswood Business Park, Holyhead Road, Albrighton, Wolverhampton, WV7 3AU.
Deadline for applications: Friday 31 March 2017.